Lat updated: February 2020
Compagnie Financière Richemont SA (Richemont) has its registered offices at 50 Chemin de la Chênaie, 1293 Bellevue, Geneva, Switzerland.
Information we collect from you
We may collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about the Media Centre) or contact the Richemont concierge by telephone. Please note that calls to the Richemont concierge may be recorded for security, training and development purposes.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- prevent prohibited or illegal activities and as part of our efforts to keep our Media Centre secure;
- understand how our Media Centre is used so that we can continuously improve our Media Centre and services and other offerings; and
- provide access to our members about accredited journalists notably for information purposes in relation to exhibitions and watch fairs.
Intellectual property rights and limited license
Richemont maintains the Media Centre as a working tool, notably to facilitate access to the Content solely for external communications and newsworthy editorial purposes, for example in connection with the preparation of articles and press reviews for publication in newspapers, magazines, specialist blogs or websites (the “Prescribed Purposes”).
You recognise that all Content available from the Media Centre is proprietary information and, as such, is protected by legislation such as copyright, designs and trademark legislation and under international treaty provisions and national laws worldwide.
You agree in particular to the following restrictions of use in respect of the Content:
- you are not authorised to use the Content for any other purpose than the Prescribed Purpose;
- you are not authorised to use the Content to offer, distribute, display, make available, market, etc. counterfeits and/or genuine products of Richemont and its Maisons (the "Products");
- you are not authorised to adapt, modify or create derivative works from any Content, unless exclusively to satisfy technical requirements necessary for the publication or media on which it is used, such as adjustments for internet press sites, provided that such modification or adaptation does not compromise the integrity of the image and/or person represented therein. The right to otherwise adapt, modify, crop, or create derivative works from any Content is expressly prohibited;
- you are not authorised to use the name, voice, likeness or other characteristic of any person who appears in any Content and you will not use any of the Content in such a way that would violate personality rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person who appears in any such Content;
- you will not use any Content in a way that could be construed as defamatory, pornographic or otherwise illegal.
You understand that where Content has been acquired by Richemont under license from image banks or archives, you will pay special attention to and respect all instructions provided in the Media Centre, and expressly agree to include copyright notices and/or other credits as may be indicated next to the Content in accordance with the licence provided by said image banks, archives or other source. You are further advised that the omission of any notice or credit could be the cause of claims against Richemont.
In addition where videos contain music, you may be required to declare your use and reproduction of the video to the relevant collecting societies.
Unless otherwise indicated in the Media Centre (credit mentioned should be used) the following mention must appear adjacent to any images: ©Richemont. All rights reserved.
You agree to the following conditions of use in respect of the Content:
- not to use any of the Content in such a way that would violate the personality rights, rights of privacy or publicity of any person who appears in any such image;
- to be responsible for obtaining the necessary releases and permissions to use the name, likeness or other characteristics of any person as may be required;
- not use any images in any way that could be construed as derogatory, defamatory, pornographic or illegal;
- not sell, share, distribute or make images available for downloading through syndication platforms or communicate any images to a publically available image archive or archive content in a database and more generally use in any way whatsoever except for the Prescribed Purposes as set out herein; and
- make such declarations and pay such licenses as may be required to local collecting societies for you use.
Limitation of liability
This section applies to the Media Centre. Richemont tries to ensure that the information provided is accurate and complete. However, Richemont does not warrant or represent that the Content is accurate, error-free or reliable or that use of Content will not infringe rights of third parties.
Richemont does not warrant that the functional and/or technical aspects of the Media Centre or the Content will be error free or that the Media Centre, Content or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or other harmful components. If use of the Media Centre or Content results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment, data or other element, Richemont is not responsible for those costs. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Media Centre is provided to you "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Richemont and its suppliers make no warranties about the Content, software, text, downloads, graphics, and links, or about results to be obtained from using the Media Centre.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Richemont shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of information available from the Media Centre or any liability relating to any loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits or lost data, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if Richemont has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Your indemnity and liability
In case of infringement of any provisions of the above-referenced section Intellectual property rights and limited licence (“Infringement”), you undertake, upon Richemont's first request, to remove from any medium the Products and the Content and destroy and/or delete any copies you have made of the Content in any format.
Termination and suspension
Unless otherwise specified, the information and materials presented on the Media Centre are presented solely for the Prescribed Purposes. Richemont makes no representation that Content is appropriate or available for use in every country of the world. You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws, keeping in mind that access to Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. Our products are available in many parts of the world. However, the Media Centre may identify products that are not available worldwide.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Compagnie Financière Richemont SA
50 Chemin de la Chênaie, CP30,
1293 Bellevue, Geneva
Phone: +41 22 721 3507