Richemont and its Maisons sponsor certain initiatives and causes around the globe. Such sponsorship helps to support the Maison’s strategic objectives, including raising brand awareness. The following are examples.
Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards launched in 2006 in partnership with the Women’s Forum, McKinsey & Company and INSEAD Business School. The Awards promote entrepreneurship and focuses on the most vulnerable category of entrepreneurs in their most vulnerable phase: women entrepreneurs with start-up businesses.
Officine Panerai is sponsoring South African explorer Mike Horn’s ‘Pangaea’ expedition. The expedition took him to all the continents to raise awareness of the current state of our planet.
Piaget has supported Action Innocence since its creation over 10 years ago. Action Innocence works to combat the global problem of child pornography on the internet through raising awareness of the issue via school visits and supporting the development of technological solutions. Since 2011, Piaget has supported a telemedicine project in the Altiplano region of South America. See case study below.
IWC Schaffhausen has supported the Charles Darwin Foundation since 2009, making it one of the major patrons and guardians of the Galapagos Islands, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Jaeger-LeCoultre partnered with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre in 2008. It continues to support the preservation of outstanding threatened marine sites and to raise international awareness of this environmental cause.
Music Festivals: a number of Maisons actively support music and musicians. These include:
- Montblanc’s de la Culture Arts Patronage Awards;
- A. Lange & Söhne’s support of the Salzburg Whitsun Festival;
- Vacheron Constantin’s support of the Orchestre de la Suisse Romande.
- Piaget Awards – New partnership with HEAD-Genève
- Vacheron Constantin and ECAL – A partnership for watchmaking arts and crafts’ perpetuation
- Vacheron Constantin – Sponsor of ‘Journées Européennes d’Art 2014’
- Tribute to the Mont Blanc
- Richemont Japan – Fundraising for Tohoku Recovery
- Richemont China – Involvement with NGOs
- IWC Schaffhausen – Succession Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - d’Agay partnership
- Purdey – Conservation awards
- Montblanc - Signature for Good
- IWC Schaffhausen – Climate Group
- Shanghai Tang – Hong Kong Cancer Fund
- Piaget - Altiplano-Artères
- Baume & Mercier – Charity programmes in Japan
- Richemont Dubai – 2014 ‘Philippines Aid Fund’